Friday, April 27, 2012

April Randoms


I haven’t had time to download the pictures off of our camera and upload them to Flickr.  We’ve been a bit busy in the last week or so.  We made a trip to Ikea last week to pick up furniture for Abby’s big girl room and our office.  We also came home with a new piece for our room to replace the black TV stand with a beautiful white cabinet that matches the rest of the white furniture in our room.  We’ve been busy building furniture, organizing, and prepping for Abby’s room re-do this weekend.  However, I have managed to have quite a bit of fun with a photo app finally available on Android and wildly popular on IPhone, Instagram.    

Gavin
Gavin was doing his impression of Abby when she pulls her hands up like that, shakes, makes a funny face, and says, “Scared!”  It’s hilarious. 

Pb&j
Peanut butter jelly time!  I’ve decided Abby cannot eat without making a huge mess on her face and also the table. 

Legos
Gavin loves playing with his Legos! 

IMG_20120417_180314
He was on an alien kick a week or two ago.  We had a battle of soldiers and aliens.  Gav played with the aliens, I had the soldiers.  

IMG_20120417_175838
Guess who won?  Hint…not me.

IMG_20120417_182817
After the battle my soldiers were worn out.  Gavin was also apparently tired from the battling so he watched some TV while I prepared dinner.  He decided the soldiers needed to relax with him.

IMG_20120421_134304
Abby loves to color.  I’ve left out a basket of paper, coloring books, and washable crayons for her to color whenever she’d like. 

IMAG0709
Leaving out crayons seems to have been a bad idea.  They’ve been out for weeks with no problems.  I was upstairs for two minutes on Wednesday and when I came down Abby was sitting in front of the back door and had created quite a piece of art.  Mocha is just relieved that she isn’t the only one who makes messes around the house and that this time it was her sister in trouble.    

IMG_20120422_122802
Gavin is having fun playing soccer on Saturdays.  Unfortunately, it’s been cold and/or wet on all but one Saturday.  The weather this weekend is projected to be the same. 

IMG_20120421_171031
It was so cold last weekend that Gavin kept his fleece on during the game and when he was on a break he h id under one of the blankets the coach brought. 

IMG_20120425_000122
Abby and Gavin get such a kick out of the riding the horse.  Every week we go to the grocery store we let them ride as long as I remembered to bring pennies.  Who knew that for one cent kids could get such a thrill!?  I’ll take it!

IMG_20120425_000403
Gav is a little more serious about his pony riding.

IMG_20120426_191503
I discovered yesterday that all hope is not lost.  My boy actually does have a limit.  He can hit a proverbial brick wall and crash.  This child rarely sleeps on the couch unless he is ill and he has never fallen asleep in random places like many children do. 

IMG_20120426_191708
We asked Abby to smile and she gave us the eye squint instead.  She’s such a goof ball.  She did awesome during her haircut.  For the first time she sat still and was quiet.  Gavin on the other hand was screaming and rude after we had to wake him from his couch slumber to get his hair cut. 

Abby has taken to removing her clothing and says, “No diapers!”  The problem is that for whatever reason she is also refusing to use the potty.  So, we’ve had a few incidents.  And by incidents I mean something like peeing on the picnic table bench and running her hands through it like she’s finger painting.   That’s not even the worst of them though and I’ll spare readers the details of the rest.  Earlier this week I resorted to using packing tape on her diaper to cover the tabs so that she couldn’t remove the diaper herself.  She is trouble! 

Gavin is having fun with soccer and is doing well in preschool.  He’s brought home some projects lately that have made us very proud.  Next Tuesday he has his kindergarten assessment.  We are interested to see how he does.  He’s been challenging lately, throwing tantrums and blatantly ignoring us.  We’ve been addressing it repeatedly.  I’m hoping it is a phase and I think it may be related to some jealousy towards his sister.  We’ve been discussing Abby’s big girl room for weeks and have been buying stuff for it.  I think he’s felt left out and his recent behavior has been his way of showing it because he isn’t sure how else to communicate that feeling.  Hopefully, for the sake of all of our sanity, it passes soon.   

Have a great weekend!  Hope the weather is more sunny and warm wherever this blog finds you.
  

No comments: