Gavin’s preschool had Mom’s day on May 5. All the moms came in to class for the last half hour of the day. Each kid came to get their mom and brought out a corsage for mom to wear. Gavin was so excited about the corsage made of paper and pipe cleaners. It was beautiful and I was so proud to wear it.
The kids drew pictures of what they think moms do while they are at school. I was a little nervous to see what Gavin drew. I thought maybe he’d say I work or take care of Abby, maybe even clean the house…nope. I kill ants. The picture says, “When I am at preschool my mom kills the ants. Lots are coming in the house.” We have our yearly ant invasion in the spring and we hate it! They usually end up after the cat food. We’ve been learning every year how to better combat them but this year just when we thought we had them gone a few more would come marching in.
Gav was being goofy but this picture does show the cookies the kids made and decorated themselves and the grass that Gavin planted and grew at school. Gavin put special sprinkles on our cookies. They were delicious!
He’s so cute!
The kids sang a couple of songs and we also had story time before the end of our special time. We also were given special gifts. Gavin made a beautiful bookmark for me and it was wrapped in a nicely decorated paper bag. The best gifts really are the things that your kids make you! I had so much fun having some one on one time with Gav.




No comments:
Post a Comment