Thanksgiving morning started off like pretty much any other morning. Wake up, get dressed, have breakfast…and then it was time to turn on the parade. Brandon gets pretty excited about the parade. We watched a bit of it before running out the door to drive to Cincinnati and of course recorded the rest. Before we left and before I could change Abby’s clothes I wanted to get a picture of her wearing her Thanksgiving jammies. They are so cute with turkeys and feathers and turkey feet! I met some resistance and got zero cooperation. Note the evidence below:
Not too terribly bad but not what I was hoping for either.
When one looks the other one doesn’t. And even if they both did, this composition is awful!
Now we are into weird faces and poor Abby is getting upset because she’s fed up with being manhandled by her brother.
I give up. Moving on…
Abby was so cute sitting there with her little hands clasped. When looking at this picture I feel like she’s about to say something, “Mom, Dad, I’m going to need you to put some food in front of me RIGHT NOW! And can you please tell my brother to leave my toys alone. Thanks.”
Anyway, we went to my grandparent’s house for a delish Thanksgiving feast!
Gavin ate….lots of dessert. He claims to have eaten turkey etc but we aren’t quite sure. But hey, it was Thanksgiving!
Abby ate too…some yummy pureed food. Next year, Abby, you can have some delicious non-pureed food with the rest of us.
This was Abby’s first time meeting Aunt Debbie!
Abby became quite intrigued with the stairs. She’s become a proficient crawler and after watching other people, especially her brother, go up and down the stairs her curiosity was piqued.
“Is everyone watching? Check this out…and nevermind the bit of spit up on my lip.”
“I can stand!” Although you can’t quite tell from this photo, she was trying desperately to climb too. She wanted to get her knee up onto the step but just couldn’t quite do it. She discovered our stairs yesterday. She wasn’t able to get any traction to try and stand up there though because we have the vinyl flooring at the bottom of the stairs.
“Did you see me? I’m so excited!”
Gavin made a new buddy with Hunter. They palled around the entire day.
Abby the fashionista wearing Grammy’s scarf.
Abby sat with Poppy while the rest of us ate dinner. I think the two of them had a great time. She was thrilled with the noise the beads would make when she’d move the necklace around.
Gavin with his great grandmothers. What an adorable picture!
And while the picture of the two munchkins didn’t work out quite how I would have liked, I think our family picture here isn’t too bad.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Enjoy this last bit of the holiday weekend.
*Thanks to Mom and Grandma for your pictures. As you can tell, I included a few here.
















1 comment:
Hi Lauren! Looks like you had a fun T-day. Your kids are adorable. How has life been adjusting to two? I must admit I'm a bit terrified! I use Photoshop Elements to create the photo collages and I bought a set of digital templates (a couple bucks) from 2peasinabucket.com so I could just drag & drop the pictures - makes it a lot faster:)
Post a Comment