Saturday, May 11, 2013

We're still here!


I was relieved to discover that it hasn't been quite as long as I had thought since I posted my last blog.  I admit it’s been sparse around here with the first half (almost) of the year.  Besides a trip to the farm, Easter, and the start of soccer season we've had all kinds of things going on.  In the words of Al Roker, here’s what’s happening in our neck of the woods:

Untitled
We adopted a new Honda.  Meet Sig, our new Odyssey.  With a big road trip coming up and some of the features in the new Odysseys we decided to trade in our 2007 Odyssey for a 2013 Odyssey.  We love him!  I do miss my girl Midnight though.  She took great care of us!

Untitled
Spring has finally sprung!  It was a bit touch and go for a while but we’ve finally managed to have daytime highs consistently above 50 degrees and sometimes nearly 80 or above!

Untitled
The kids have been thrilled to spend more time outdoors.

Untitled
Abby thinks she is picking flowers to be placed in a vase.  What she doesn’t know is she’s pulling weeds.  We’ve since applied a weed killer that we hope will help with our “issue.” 

DSCN8071
DSCN8065
IMG_0053
We’ve had soccer practice and soccer games.

DSCN7841
DSCN7947
There’s been training to attend for work.  B kept the kids busy while I spent three days in class.  I’ve also spent a considerable amount of time preparing for an incoming trainee at work.

DSCN7911
DSCN7913
DSCN7928
DSCN7930
We’ve celebrated a 33rd birthday…

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
…and an 8th anniversary.  We had our first fire of the season on our anniversary and enjoyed some s’mores in celebration. The kids stayed with mom and dad later in the week while we went out to dinner. 

DSCN8082
DSCN8085
We've said “See you later!” to our sitter of two years because we just couldn’t say goodbye.  She graduated from OSU last Sunday and is moving on to a bright future.  She came back to watch the kids one day.  She wants to come back now and then so she can see them and catch up.  We’ll hopefully have her over just to visit sometimes too.

We've had to conduct interviews for a new sitter or new sitters.  This of course entails posting a job, screening applicants, conducting interviews, and calling references.  Very time consuming and stressful! 

Untitled
We went to the playground with friends and saw a pug on a swing.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
And we’ve just started twice a week T-ball practices.  Games won’t start for a couple of weeks. 
Untitled
Abby and I played with Hello Kitty lacing cards and read books while Gavin practiced.

Gavin is winding down the school year and we are trying to prepare for a couple of the assessments that are coming up.

I've done some spring cleaning when there’s a bit of time.  Our basement is about to look more spacious with a big purge of things we no longer need.  I have a mental list that I’d like to get through at some point but I have to prioritize and day to day operations are far more important.

Now you know why you haven’t heard much from us and there hasn't been a new blog in a few weeks.  Finally at four o’clock in the morning, at work on an early shift, I had the opportunity to get caught up!  Forgive any grammatical errors or sentences that don’t make sense.  J 

I hope you have a great weekend! 

No comments: