Friday, May 18, 2012

May Fun


Enjoy some photos of our recent goings-on!

DSCN4341
Gavin and Abby wanted to buy some cookies at the grocery store.  I said, “Hey how about we make them instead?!”  So we made sugar cookies on May 1.  Abby has sort of helped in the past but not at all like her brother used to.  Now that two of them are involved in the whole dumping of ingredients and mixing it all together, the situation gets a little dicey.  This was the first time that I’ve really let Abby help.  Her brother was otherwise occupied so I didn’t have to deal with the fighting and pushing that typically ensues when they are both involved.

DSCN4360
“Hey look!  A robin!”  This is what we heard from someone walking behind us at the zoo last week.  I said to Brandon, “Or maybe a cardinal.  You know, the state bird.”  People never cease to amaze me. 

DSCN4385
Our kids have a thing with winter footwear.  They didn’t get to wear winter footwear this year because of the mild weather.  On May 4 while the weather was at least 80, the kids decided after having a bath and putting on their PJs that it would be fun to wear their boots.  While blurry, this photo shows them trying to get their boots to light up by stomping on the floor.

DSCN4387
Oh yes, this picture, complete with NERF gun, SWAT mittens, police hat, Batman boots, and monkey PJs will definitely make an appearance during Gavin’s teenage years.

DSCN4392
And this picture, with Abby’s darling princess dress and winter boots will make an appearance during her teenage years as well.

DSCN4421
We went to OSU on May 8 because the circus was coming to town and Brandon told us that they would be having a parade to the Schottenstein Center from Grandview that  would go right past the police department.  So, I took the kids and we set up a blanket and waited for the parade.

DSCN4407
The road wasn’t shut down until right when the parade was coming down the road so I had strict rules about Abby sitting on my lap and Gavin not going further than the front of our blanket.  Abby is so fast that to catch her is sometimes next to impossible.  I didn’t want her making a run for the street!

DSCN4410
Here comes the parade now!

DSCN4415
The elephants were cute holding each other’s tails.

DSCN4419
After the elephants, the horses walked by.

DSCN4420
And there goes the “parade.”  The kids wanted more.  I think everyone was surprised that the parade consisted only of elephants and horses.  Oh, I can’t forget the protestors walking along with the animals holding signs about animal abuse.  So I guess there was more to the parade than just elephants and horses, we even saw protestors too!  Lucky us!

That’s what we’ve been up to through the early part of May.  School is almost out and we have a year break from preschool!  We’re hoping to come up with some fun things to do and see this summer.  I look forward to more adventures and sharing them here with pictures.

No comments: