What did we do all week while Brandon was out of town? Let’s see:
Sunday night we had Veggie Tales movie night with popcorn.
Monday Abby and I went to the grocery while Gavin went to
preschool.
After nap we went to the library.
We came home with a few books. By “a few” I mean 38.
Tuesday morning I woke up to this. Gavin had set up camp and a battle of knights
in the hallway.
After breakfast we met friends for a play date and picnic at
the park.
While Abby napped I worked on some yard work while Gavin
hovered and chattered constantly. He
sure has a lot on his mind.
Tuesday night we went to dinner with our friends Katie and
Emily for kids eat free night at Max and Erma’s.
Katie and Emily showed Abby how to play the drums with straw
paper.
Wednesday morning we went to school for closing
picnics. It was Gavin’s final day of preschool.
He had his picture taken with his buddies.
The kids played on the playground one last time.
And of course one last class photo.
After preschool I needed to run an errand at Easton. I decided to surprise Gavin and take him to
the Lego store for the first time. He
picked out a dino set as a celebratory gift for finishing two great years of
preschool.
Yes Abby did have shoes.
She removed them in the Lego store and I decided some battles aren’t
worth fighting so I put them away.
We also made funfetti cookies on Wednesday. They turned out so-so. It was my first go at them and they are
supposed to be softer. I made them a
little crisper. Oh well, there’s always
next time.
On Thursday we met Grammy and (surprise!) Poppy at the conservatory. We didn’t know Poppy had the day off and that
we’d get to see him too.
Neither of them wanted to cooperate for a camera facing
picture but this turned out just as well.
There was some splashing at the fountain.
Abby did not like being in the “volcano.” She asked Poppy for lots of “nuggles”
today. She not only asks for “nuggles”
when she wants to snuggle but also when she wants to be carried.
Abby asked Grammy for plenty of “nuggles” too.
Gavin liked how his voice echoed in this cave-like
structure.
The fish are always a hit with the kids.
We had quite a busy week.
This mom is tired and ready for a serious break. Quiet time would be awesome. Apparently Gavin is worn out too. He looks about how I feel. And yet, not one day this week would he
nap.
Back to work for me tomorrow and it is likely that answering
911 calls will loads more relaxing than this past week has been. We had some good times and some not so good
times. But we’ve made it.






















No comments:
Post a Comment