Friday, August 7, 2009

Breakfast of Champions

We aren't quite sure why Gav decided to sit on top of Mo doing the splits but he did. She's such a patient gal she didn't seem to mind a bit.

What's this you might ask? This is one of Gavin's balls...sitting in one of our ducts. He can remove the vent covers in the kitchen and hallway and on this particular day he decided it'd be a fine idea to put a ball down there. He owned up to it too. I asked him where his ball went, he said "Down there!" and pointed to the vent. Super. Thus began the project of getting it out. I stuck the camera down there and took a picture in the hopes of coming up with some idea of how far down it was. I placed a ruler down there at one point to get a little perspective. I tried putting the vacuum hose down to suck the ball to it so that I could pull it out. That didn't work. There are screws that stick out near the opening too so every time my arm went in, I pulled it back out with a scratch. Grrr.... Finally I had Brandon find something we could try to loop around it. He brought back a contorted hanger. And it worked! I was getting so frustrated and fed up but all of a sudden when I pulled the hanger back the ball came with it! Success! We've been missing a blue ball of the same set but when the heating/cooling person was doing our annual inspection the other day, he assured me it wasn't down in the furnace. Thank goodness.

You wouldn't know we actually do feed our son. In fact, he'd just had his very own breakfast. But, Daddy's breakfast looked quite yummy so he crawled up on the chair and decided to help himself. It didn't start out this way. B handed him a few flakes and then Gavin decided he would just dig right into the bowl, "No need to trouble yourself Dad, I can handle it. Thanks."

Yummy Yummy Yummy
"I must have more! Don't mind me, excuse my reach."
And when Daddy's bowl is nearing empty and mostly filled with milk, he'll just take it right off the spoon on the way up to Daddy's mouth.

No comments: