Sunday, May 31, 2009

Finally an update...

Sorry for the lack of blogage I've had here. It's been a busy time. I've had a trainee for the last month, we made a somber impromptu trip to New York for Uncle Ralph's funeral, Grandma came to visit, and we've been working on the flowers and vegetable garden. But, hopefully the wait was worth it and you'll enjoy the photos I've selected to post today.


Gav and I were playing with blocks one day. I built him a little garage for his Thomas Train. He tried to sit in the garage and of course didn't quite fit. The walls fell over. So I said, "Gav would you like mommy to build you a fort." "Okay!" he eagerly replied. What you see here is his fort. The tall towers you see behind him were his addition to the project.


We went to the zoo and saw the new baby elephant. His name is Beco and boy is there a line to see him. This little statue is outside the elephant building and the line went right past it. Gav took the opportunity to pose. Unfortunately I missed some of his funnier poses but I think this one is pretty cute.


Beco!!! His name is a combination of his mother's name, Phoebe, and his father's name, Coco. Gavin gets rather excited when he sees Beco.
Grandma Y came to visit this month. Here's Gav after a shopping trip to Carter's with his new shark sunglasses. These glasses he can play with and we don't have to worry about them getting broken unlike the Ray Ban's Aunt Tammy got him. We definitely don't want those broken! We'd need a loan to replace them!
Gavin playing with his early birthday present from Grandma! He loves his basketball hoop and points out all basketball hoops he sees.
We took Grandma to see Beco during her visit. Thankfully the line was much shorter!

We bought Gavin this sprinkler ball which we thought he'd love. He likes getting a little sprinkle from the hose but apparently his feelings aren't the same for this ball. We may have messed that up though because Brandon kinked the hose so I could attach the hose to the ball. Then when I finished I ran back towards the house and told Brandon to let go. In my selfish run towards the house I neglected to make sure Gav was in the clear and when Brandon let go of the hose the water squirted out right onto the side of Gavin's head. Poor little boy got completely freaked out. We spent the rest of the time trying to convince him that it was fun to play with. He never bought it.
If this doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will. Gav was eating strawberries and Cool Whip.
Gavin at the water play area of COSI.
Gavin on the slide at a park in Powell. We'd never been there before and Gavin loved it! We'll definitely be going back soon!
These crazy things spin around in circles if you stand up and get them going. Brandon just sat Brandon on it and gently spun him around. I took this picture right after he said he was done.
Daddy helping Gavin climb up the chain ladder.

Gav loved this bouncy thing. Clifford the dog kind of bounces and wobbles forwards and backwards. He got a few giggles out of this one!
Like I said, I hope the wait for a new blog was well worth it. I'll try to get back on the band wagon and update more regularly again!

No comments: