Monday, November 17, 2014

We are almost home!

Since the last update on our house the app I’ve been using on my iPad which interfaces beautifully with Blogger and Flickr has been updated and crashes on launch.  Every.  Single.  Time.  So I’ve had to resort back to computer typing and there isn’t much time for that.  However, before we have our closing date this week I wanted to share the updated photos of where things have been and where they are right now. 

Untitled
The drywall was delivered using this interesting crane.

Untitled
I was fascinated to sit and watch them unload the drywall from the trucks.  Unfortunately they broke a window doing it but the window was repaired.

Untitled
After the drywall was hung we stopped in to check it out with Jodie while she was in town.  This will be the kitchen and morning room.  Drywall looks interesting before it’s finished.  I’m not going to post a ton of pictures of unfinished drywall that mean nothing to anyone else.   

Untitled
The stacked stone was installed.  The trim around the garage and front door was hung.

Untitled
The siding was hung.  It took three and a half weeks for them to finish.  Every day we stopped by hoping it would be done but it sat and sat forever.  Finally it was finished up this past week.

Untitled
We were lucky the driveway was poured.  Otherwise we might have had to wait until spring.

Untitled
The siding work was almost finished except for above the garage, the gable, and two rows or so under the porch.  The house was like this for about two weeks.  Notice the pillar was installed.

Untitled
This is where we have left off as of Friday.  I have other photos to post but I can’t get the photo editor to work so I could cover our address before posting online.  They put in some landscaping, although we won’t get sod until spring.  We need gutters still and the front door will be painted.  From what I understand the inside is essentially finished.  The blinds were hung a couple of days prior to this

Untitled
The stairs from the back went in on Friday also.  We have a screen door on the back so we can open the door to the morning room and get the breeze.     


So that’s where we are.  Walk through on Tuesday and closing on Thursday.  We officially move next week!  We are so excited! 

No comments: