Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Cobwebs in my Corner of the Blogosphere

It’s fall.  No, I didn’t have to get my meteorologist degree so that I could figure out what these temperature swings and changing leaves mean.  I know it is fall because we’re working hard to get into the swing of back to school.  We’re trying to figure out how to manage the ups and downs of Gavin being at school full time and Abby starting her first year of preschool.  Brandon is working home football games.  All the goings on of a new school year on campus have been…well…going on.  Dublin just finished the President’s Cup golf tournament, a fire dispatching consolidation, and we have three trainees with more to come.  All of these things that we’ve known were due to arrive in the fall have arrived.  Therefore, I know it is fall. 

Things we didn’t anticipate have of course occurred as well.  For example, we replaced a dishwasher that shorted out (installed by ourselves, thank you very much).  Gavin joined Cub Scouts and we are in the midst of a big popcorn fundraiser (thanks to all who have supported Gavin and his pack), den meetings, pack meetings, and go-see-its.  We’ve experienced babysitter complications that resulted in a necessity to hire another sitter, or maybe two.  Things didn’t go quite so easily with the process this time around and it was a much longer road to find someone we like.  Suffice it to say, next time I might need to add on to the end of a babysitting job post, “Criminals and crazies need not apply.”  Sad but true. 

And while we’ve had barely a minute to breathe or a second to spend together…we’ve still managed to take a few pictures here or there.  I hope our readers haven’t given up on the blog completely.  Know that my absence is very well justified and if I had a moment to myself to accomplish anything besides housework, child taxiing, career related work, errands etc…it’s usually resulted in simply tossing in the towel and going to bed because I just can’t go one more minute by the end of the day.  The blog is parked on the web.  It will be here each time I return, and I hope, so will you.  Without further ado:


DSC05548
Grandpa came to visit in September and snapped this photo after picking Abby up after preschool.  Her eyes in this picture are so alive and speak to what a bright personality she has.

DSC05555   
Hay Hey there horse lovers!  Brandon, Abby, and Grandpa stopped at OSUPD and their officer who runs the mounted unit at the department had her horses out.  Abby loved sitting on the horse!

049

IMG_1885
I mentioned Gavin has started Cub Scouts.  While Grandpa was visiting they had a popcorn kickoff event at one of the parks.  The day before we went to the BSA store to get Gavin’s uniform.  He tried it on that night. 

DSC05587
He thought he was hot stuff!

113
The Cub Scout event also gave them an opportunity to earn their fishing belt loops and badges.

105

057
Of course we had to eat dinner at Gavin’s favorite restaurant!

071
Followed by Abby’s favorite froyo!

IMG_1897
Everyone had a great weekend visit with Grandpa!

IMG_1908
The following weekend, Aunt Ashley came up for a visit.

Pssst…Ashley, e-mail the picture of you and the kids I took before you left.  I just realized I never got it from you.  J

Then there was the Shoot-O-Ree weekend for Cub Scouts.
IMG_1919
Gavin got to shoot a BB gun.

IMG_1921
He needs more practice but he had a blast.

IMG_1924
Do you think I can go viral if I post this on Facebook?  “OH MY GOSH!  These people let their kids shoot GUNS!”

IMG_1928
This sort of things wasn’t quite up Abby’s alley.

IMG_1940
The little fella got to try out archery too!

IMG_1951
Seems like we are more and more photos of the kids locked up for some reason.  If you are wondering why, spend a weekend with us and you’ll soon find out.

Hopefully I’ll get to blog again soon but no promises.  I suppose for now, see you when I see you!  Take care and have a great week!

No comments: