Sunday, February 24, 2013

February


We’ve finally taken some pictures in the last week or two.  Here’s what we’ve had going on around our house:

DSCN7296
The kids helped make Valentine’s Day cupcakes.  They each had a pan that they put the wrappers in.

DSCN7297
They are always so proud of themselves when they help around the house.

DSCN7298
After we put the batter in the cups, chocolate chips went on top. 

DSCN7299
I think more chocolate chips ended up in their bellies than in the cupcakes.

DSCN7304
We baked the cupcakes, I iced them, and then they helped put more chips on the top.  Yummy! 

IMG_0183
I made this for B for Valentine’s Day.  I saw the concept on Pinterest and then made it my own.

IMG_0185
I sanded the cards to give them a worn look and feel.  I took a brown ink pad and inked the edges.  I came up with my own template for the reasons boxes in Word and printed them on photo paper to give them a shiny look.  I used double sided tape to make sure the reasons would stay on the cards permanently.  It was so much fun to make this project and I love how it turned out.

DSCN7311
We went to Gavin’s Valentine’s Day party at school.  They had lots of treats!

DSCN7323
Abby enjoyed some treats too. 

DSCN7324
The kids played a bean bag toss game.

DSCN7326
Abby got in line with the rest of the kids and took a turn.  It’s cute to watch her with the kids because some of the girls try to help her.

DSCN7334
After school we took them home, gave them both baths, and put on their pajamas so we wouldn’t have to worry about it later.  Then Gavin went through his Valentine’s from school.

DSCN7336
We also gave them our Valentine’s, a coloring book, and a book.

Grandma and Dan came to visit last weekend.  After a great dinner on Friday we tried Sweet Frog frozen yogurt.  It’s been in one of our shopping centers for a while but we’ve never tried it.  Let’s say we’re addicted now.

IMG_0193
There is a wall of frozen yogurt machines of various flavors.  You put as much as you want and as many different flavors as you want into the cup.  Then you go to a bar with all kinds of toppings and syrups.  There are endless options and therefore endless reasons for returning!  Hey, it’s frozen yogurt it can’t be that bad right?  (Just forget about the toppings part.J)

IMG_0195
Abby loves “ice cream.”

IMG_0204
On Sunday we went to Quaker Steak and Lube.  Abby turned the car that her food arrived in into a headpiece.  The Brits would be proud!

crazy
headpiece
Who wouldn’t want to have a race car on their head in lieu of this?

IMG_0208
Where did we end up after Quaker Steak?  Sweet Frog!

Abby
Abby was once again enjoying her frozen yogurt!

DSCN7355
Everyone enjoyed the weekend visit.

DSCN7359
Abby had her first dentist appointment on Wednesday.

DSCN7365
Big brother went first to show her how the entire dental cleaning thing goes.

DSCN7366
“Hey I think you missed a spot!”

DSCN7367
“Eww!  Gavin, were you saving that for a snack?”

DSCN7369
Abby’s turn!

DSCN7371
She didn’t do too badly for her first visit.  She couldn’t keep her tongue out of the way and she didn’t last long with the cleaning part but for a nearly three year old I think she did well

DSCN7373
She got a bit restless at one point and needed a little support from big brother.

DSCN7379
Dr. Bill came in and took a look at her chompers.  No cavities!

DSCN7380
Woo hoo!  Goodie bags with toothbrushes, toothpaste, and dental floss!

We’re continuing our trend of being completely swamped with life here at our house.  I hope to be able to blog more often in the coming months but I can’t make promises.  Brandon is working overtime like crazy and I’m home with the kids after work.  Between homework, dinner, and bedtime routines I haven’t had much time to think about taking pictures and/or blogging.  I’ve been working on getting ready for a trainee at work that should be starting in a few weeks and I need to get on planning a birthday party at home for Abby.  If you locate my brain, sanity, or extra hands please get them back to me ASAP!  Thanks!  Have a great weekend!

No comments: