Sunday, October 10, 2010

Something to hold you over...

...I know some are anxiously awaiting Florida pictures but I'm still sorting through over 800 of them to figure out which ones to upload to Flickr and then which ones to post on the blog.  So once that is over, I'll have vacation pictures for you.  But for now here's an update on the kids and a couple of recent photos.

DSC_2677
I took some pictures of Abby a couple of weeks ago.  Poor girl gets so fed up with me.  I sit her down to take a few pictures and end up taking more like 60.  But she doesn't hold still and I'm always trying to catch her doing something exceptionally cute.

DSC_2735
She's been sitting up on her own for a few weeks now.  Sometimes she tumbles over and she hasn't yet figured out how to get herself back up onto her bottom.  She seems to love this new independence.  She's also scooting across the living room on her bottom.  It's hilarious.  She takes some time doing it but eventually she'll make it all the way across the room.  She's up on her hands and knees now also.  She'll sit and rock back and forth.  She wants to crawl but just hasn't quite figured it out yet.  Usually she ends up going backwards. 

IMAG0126
Abby is also sitting up in carts now.  No more carrying in the car seat carrier to place in the cart.  She loves seeing all of her surroundings.  It's amazing to watch her discover the world for the first time!

IMAG0128
Gavin was the Happy Helper at school on Thursday.  This means he helped out his teachers with special tasks and he was at the front of the line when we walked to the park for a big parent and child get together that the school had.  His teacher said he had so much fun being the Happy Helper!  Gavin loves preschool and we are enjoying all of the projects and paintings he brings home.  Although, we are trying to figure out what to do with all of them. 

IMAG0146
Here's a little Halloween preview.  Gavin insisted on being a dog for Halloween.  It's a long story how we finally came to getting this particular costume but lets just say that dog costumes for preschool kids are hard to find.  Most of the dog costumes are for infants and toddlers.  So...luckily we found one and it was 50% off.  When I showed this one to Gav he said, "I don't want that dog costume.  I want another dog costume."  I told him he had no choice and convinced him to let me put it on him to make sure it fit.  As soon as he got it on he was shaking his butt to get the tail to wag and he was quite excited.  Then he wanted it off.  Immediately.  At least we have the kids Halloween costumes and we also have the Halloween candy for Trick or Treat.   

IMAG0085
And here's a little taste of our Florida vacation with the kids at Disney.  Enjoy that for now and hopefully I'll be able to get a vacation blog posted soon!

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: